Monday, February 6, 2012

Learning Outcomes

1. Gain Shakespeare Literacy
I think I have done well in this aspect. I am taking the time to study the plays and think about them a lot, and I really enjoy the conversations we have in class about them. I feel like there is always something more to learn for me about Shakespeare. There is always something brought up that I hadn't thought of before. Hopefully this is something I can have with me my whole life, to be able to understand Shakespeare and his works and to be able to talk about them with other people.


2. Analyze Shakespeare Critically
I think I have been doing alright with this. There is certainly room for improvement, because I feel like this is more studying the technical aspects of Shakespeare's style and writing, which I haven't done a whole lot of. It was cool in class last week to take a close look at a specific passage and to study just that, and to not only think about what was written and how it works with rhythm and structure, but also to think about the acting aspect of it. I think I'm going to try to focus a bit more on this outcome.
(see Jan 24 post)

3. Engage Shakespeare Creatively
I think this is probably one of my strong points. I really enjoy all things creative, so I've been working quite a bit on how Shakespeare can be portrayed creatively. I've done several drawings (which I still am working on posting up on my blog) and I've compared a lot of Shakespeare's works to creative things. There is still much more I want to do, and I have some ideas for my final project. (see Jan 30 post)

4. Share Shakespeare Meaningfully
I want to do this more, though I feel I have done it to a degree. I've talked with people quite a bit about Shakespeare and their opinions, (even though some of them just straight up say they have no interest in Shakespeare... which I find odd.) but I want to go beyond that and maybe use some of what I learn to share it in more ways.

5. Gain Digital Literacy
I think there is room for improvement here, in that I definitely can take more time to blog during the week. I need to just set some more time aside to work strictly on this, rather than wait until just before class or when I have a break to blog. I've done okay with this so far, but there is far more I can do.

My self directed learning I feel has been pretty good. I've kept up on reading the plays and doing research for historical meanings and even read other analyses of quotes and characters in some of the plays. I've done a lot of comparing Shakespeare to modern things and looked for ways to insert Shakespeare in a conversation or relate it to something else I am learning. Collaborative learning is maybe where I need to focus, because although there have been several people who have made good comments on my blog and who have had discussions with me in class, maybe I could go more out of my way to have more meaningful collaborative effort with my classmates.

Ideas for my final project: I have had a few ideas for my final creative project go through my head, but one that I've been tossing around a whole lot is doing some sort of storyboard for a Shakespeare scene or a few scenes. Creating a presentation of what I think certain scenes would look like in a film, and how I would do them. I think it would be really fun to do that. Especially if I got to make it as if I were animating a film. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment